Reykjavik City Card
The Reykjavík City Card is the easiest and most inexpensive way to experience our favourite city!
Reykjavík City Cards Prices for 2020:
Adults Children 6-18
24 hours ISK 4.000 ISK 1.650
48 hours ISK 5.600 ISK 2.650
72 hours ISK 6.900 ISK 3.600
Reykjavík, the world’s northernmost capital, is a friendly city that offers a surprising amount of things to see and do. Whether you are seeking the bustling energy of a cosmopolitan city, the thundering thermal energy in the ground beneath your feet, or the serene energy of the surrounding landscape, Reykjavík promises a memorable visit for everyone!
Reykjavík's energy also drives the city’s cultural scene. From the avant-garde to the historical, Reykjavík’s galleries, museums and theatres support a vibrant and sophisticated artistic culture; moreover, annual festivals, special exhibitions and stage productions mean that the cultural calendar is always full, with plenty for visitors to enjoy.
The Reykjavík City Card offers free entry to a great selection of museums and galleries, all swimming pools in Reykjavík and free unlimited travel by bus within the Reykjavik Capital Area. In addition, the card also gives you a free ferry trip to Viðey island and discounts on various tours, in shops and on services.
Admission to the museums is free for those under 18 years of age; however, there are fees for children (from the age of 6) on city bus services and on the ferry to Viðey Island (from 7). Note that there are also entrance fees for children (6 and over) at the thermal pools, and from 5 years and over at the Animal Zoo and Family Park.
In order to accommodate families, we now offer a special children’s City Card, at a significantly reduced fee. Cards are valid for same duration: 24 hours, 48 hours and 72 hours.
It is worth mentioning, that senior visitors (70+) do not pay admission to the Reykjavík City Museum, The Reykjavík Art Museum and the Reykjavík Thermal Pools. In addition, The National Museum, The Culture House and the National Gallery of Iceland offer seniors (67+) a 50% discount on admission.
Get to know our favourite city the easy way and save money!
The Reykjavík City Card offers free entry to:
- All swimming pools in Reykjavík City
- Ferry to Videy Island
- National Gallery of Iceland
- National Museum of Iceland
- Reykjavik City Buses
- Reykjavík City Museum – Árbær Open Air museum
- Reykjavík City Museum – Maritime Museum
- Reykjavík City Museum – Museum of Photography
- Reykjavík City Museum – The Settlement Exhibition
- Reykjavik City thermal pools
- Reykjavík Zoo and Family Park
- The Culture House
- The Reykjavik Art Museum – Asmundarsafn
- The Reykjavik Art Museum – Hafnarhus
- The Reykjavik Art Museum – Kjarvalsstadir
The Reykjavík City Card offers you discounts at:
- Aurora Reykjavík – 50% discount at the Northern Lights Centre
- Bio Paradís/Art House Cinema – 25% off regular ticket price
- Harpa – 25% discount on guided tour of Harpa
- Saga Museum - 10% discount off the admission
- Tales from Iceland - 20% discount on the News and Nature Exhibition
- The Activity Park in Grafarvogur - Minigolf offer 2 for 1 from June - August
- The Cinema, at the Old Harbour - 20% off admission
- The Iceland Expo Pavillion, 360°cinematic experience - 20% discount
- The Icelandic Phallological Museum – 20% discount off the admission
- The Iceland Symphony Orchestra - 10 % off ticket price to weekly concerts and open rehearsals
- Whales of Iceland, A Giant Experience - 30% off admission
Restaurants & Cafés
- Fish Company - 10% off the menu
- Geysir Bistro - 10% off the menu
- Hannesarholt restaurant- 10% off menu
- Höfnin - 15% off the menu
- Kopar – 10% off the menu
- Lebowski Bar - 10% off the menu, Happy Hour from 4 - 7 every day
- MAR - 15% off the menu
- Ning‘s - 10% off the menu
- Pho Vietnamese restaurant - 10% off the menu
- Restaurant Reykjavík - 10% off the menu
- Rossopomodoro - 10% off the menu
- Seafood Grill - 10% off the menu
- Handknitting Association – buy a knitted sweater & get Varma socks free
- Systur & Makar - 10% off all items
- Elding Whale Watching – 10% discount off all tours
- Gray Line Iceland – 25% off Greater Area Reykjavík Sightseeing tour (AH10)
- Ishestar Horseback Riding Tours 15% discount off the Lava horse tour at 14:00
- Reykjavík Bike & Segway Tours - 10% off Classic Reykjavik Bike Tour; Reykjavik Segway Tour & Bike rentals
- Season Tours - 10% discount off Golden Circle Tour
- Special Tours Wildlife Adventures – 10% discount off tours
- Kópavogur Thermal Pools, Kópavogslaug & Salalaug - 50% off admission
- Hafnarfjörður Thermal Pools, Sundhöll Hafnarfjarðar, Ásvallalaug & Suðurbæjarlaug - 2 for 1 off admission
- Seltjarnarnes Thermal Pool - 50% off admission