Reykjavík Eco Campsite
Reykjavík Eco Campsite has everything a camper needs. It is well located in a green area in the city and serves as a base all year around for up to 600 visitors of the city on a camping holiday. The campsite is next to one of the most popular geothermal swimming pool and other leisure areas. It has an easy access to main transport routes and all airport and tour busses make a stop in front of the campsite.
We recommend prebooking your stay on our website, for the convinience and the best price.
The Campsite is the only environmentally recognised camping place in Iceland
We aim to serve as an example of sustainability in everything we do. From monitoring energy use to recycling facilities we‘d like to inspire our guests to travel responsibly. We follow our Sustainability Policy and over the years we‘ve implemented various practices to minimize the negative impact of our campsite on the society as well as the environment.
Currently, we are preparing the certification of Vakinn but previously the Campsite has been recognized by Earth Checkfor its environmental achievements.
These are the services included in your stay
- Reception & Guard at the site and/or on call
- Guest kitchen with boiling/hot/cold water
- Hot showers
- Fast & free WIFI in all area
- Internet access
- Pick up for excursions
- Charging of phones and laptops
- Open BBQ
- Swop markets for food and stuff
- Travel info and a little travel shop selling gas, maps, cooking utilities etc.
- Travel info and ticket sale for public busses, Reykjavik City Cards, transport to highland
- The campsite facilities are accessable by wheelchair users
Available extra services
- Campsite laundromat; washer and dryer
- Outside sinks with hot/cold water
- Luggage storage
- Small lockers – plug included
- Storage for folded bikeboxes
- Bike rental
- And there is coffee at the reception