HOW IT WORKS?
Step 1: Select a City Card that suits your trip
Quite simply, the City Card is the smartest and most affordable way to explore Reykjavík. It has been tailor-made for visitors to the city, helping you to get the most out of your trip. Simply choose from a 24, 48, or 72-hour card and visit as many attractions as you want.
Step 2: Buy your City Card
There two easy ways to receive your Reykjavík City Card - so you can choose the more convenient option for you.
1.) The simplest way is to order your City Card online and pick it up on arrival in Reykjavik. After completing the booking process, you will receive a confirmation email. Print this out and present it at the following locations:
· Reykjavík City Hall, Tjarnargata 11, 101 Reykjavík. Open weekdays 09:00-16:00.
· Reykjavík Service Center, Borgartún 12-14. 105 Reykjavík. Open weekdays 09:00-16:00.
· Árbær Open Air Museum, Kistuhylur, 110 Reykjavík. Open every day 13:00-17:00.
· Reykjavík Maritime Museum, Grandagarður 8, 101 Reykjavík. Open every day 10:00-17:00.
· Reykjavík Art Museum - Kjarvalsstaðir, Flókagata, 105 Reykjavík. Open every day 10:00-17:00.
2.) You can also purchase your City Card upon arrival in Reykjavík at one of the many sales locations in the city.
Note: If you’re ordering multiple cards online, only one name is required at checkout.
Step 3: Use your City Card. Save time and money.
With the City Card you get free entry to the best museums and attractions, unlimited use of Straetó bus the public transport, great discounts and special offers – all included in a single card. Take it with you wherever you go, and you’ll be surprised at just how much money you’ll save!
The museum, bus and swimming pool element of your card will be activated when you collect your card, or you can ask for a specific activation time if you intend to not use it right away. Once activated, each element remains valid for 24, 48 or 72 consecutive hours, depending on your card.