Museum of Hafnarfjördur

The Museum of Hafnarfjördur is a museum of cultural artifacts and photographs of the town Hafnarfjördur. Its objective is to collect, document, preserve, protect and study objects and artifacts of the  regions cultural history and present them to the public.

Pakkhúsid (Vesturgata 8) There are usually three exhibitions running concurrently at Pakkhúsid, a permanent exhibition on the history of Hafnarfjördur, an exhibition of toys, and a short-term exhibition on a chosen theme. Pakkhúsid also has a small Tourist Information Office – Open daily from 11–17 in June, July and August. At other times of year: Sat. – Sun. 11–17.

The Sívertsen´s House (Vesturgata 6) is the oldest house in Hafnarfjördur, built in 1803-1805. The house has been restored to its original state and shows how an upper-class family in Hafnarfjördur lived at the beginning of the 19th century. Open daily from 11-17 in June, July and August.

Bookless Bungalow (Vesturgata 32) was built in 1918 by Bookless Bros Ltd., a Scottish fisheries company. It houses an exhibition describing foreign fishing enterprises in Hafnarfjördur at the start of the 20th century. Open daily from 11–17 in June, July and August.

Siggubaer (Kirkjuvegur 10) was built in 1902 and has been preserved as an example of the home of a labourer and a seaman in Hafnarfjördur at the beginning of the 20th century. Open on Sat. – Sun. from 11-17 in June, July and August.

Beggubúd (Vesturgata 8) was built in 1906 and stood for many years in Strandgata, Hafnarfjördur's main shopping street. The building has been restored and is now situated at Museum Square which is behind Pakkhúsid at Vesturgata 8. The house is open daily from 11-17 in June, July and August. GÚTTÓ (Sudurgata 7).

The Good Templars Hall has a long and remarkable history. The building was constructed in 1886 as a meeting hall. It has played an important role in the cultural and social life of the town. Open on Sat. – Sun. from 11-17 in June, July and August.

The Shore Walk exhibits photographs depicting the life and times of the people who built the town of Hafnarfjördur.