Good preparation is the key to traveling successfully. Keep the below points in mind and remember that your first destination should always be the Safe Travel Home Page.
- At wintertime most of the highland as well as many roads are closed. Get information about the area.
- Always leave your travel plan with someone who can react if needed.
- Check the weather forecast. In Iceland the weather can change fast.
- Remember to bring the right equipment for the kind of travel you are planning.
- Map, compass and GPS should always be used when travelling outside urban areas.